I would like to know if you  or anyone else in the expert group have ever
used the progeam called JOHN THE RIPPER to I want to install it and do some
security checks (passwords for other users) . If you have used it before
could you please give me the pro's and con's  using this software.

A book I'm reading now is call REAL WORLD LINUX SECURITY, Intrusion
Prevention, Detection, and Recovery. by Bob Toxen, and it suggested I try
using it to see how secure the passwords my friends employees are using. also
if anyone has read the book linux hacking exposed, please give me your
feedback.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Gavin (Japan)