Larry Sword wrote:

> Nick Thompson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have A Ricoh 7060A CD-RW which worked fine under 7.2. I upgraded to
> > 8.0 using this drive to read the CDs. cdrecord --scanbus sees the drive
> > and HardDrake says it has two devices (ide: /dev/hdc - with unknown
> > vendor [Vendor does appear on the device line], and SCSI: /dev/scd0 -
> > with Ricoh as vendor). If I cd to /mnt/cdrom, I get an IO error message
> > (with no useful details). This mount point is set up to use supermount.
> > I umount-ed /mnt/cdrom and created a /tmp_mnt point and did a 'mount -t
> > iso9660 /dev/scd0 /tmp_mnt' and I get a message saying unknown device. I
> > tried this with /dev/hdc as well, but this just tells me that I should
> > use the scsi device.
> >

> I'm assuming you have only the one drive, Ricoh 7060A.

Yes, just the one CD drive

> I had a similar problem with my drives. Here's what I did to get both
> drives to mount and read correctly.
>
> In /dev insure that the syslinks are set as follows:
>
> #@cdrom -> /dev/hdc
> #@cdrom1 ->/dev/scd0

I think I just have /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0, but I'll check. What is the '#@'
- is that part of the device filename? Should I have both these links for one
drive (you make it sound like I need only one below)?

> Make sure this is the same device setup in your fstab for supermount.
>
> ** Note if you have only one cdrom then you could just  have the one
> syslink in your /dev
> and one device in the fstab file. That is the cdrom -> scd0
>
> # /mnt/cdrom  /mnt/cdrom  supermount  fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0

Without the #, this is exactly what I have.

> # lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 Apr 29 16:12 /dev/cdrom ->
> scd0

I'll try fiddling around with the symlinks along these lines.

Thanks,
Nick.