Out of curiosity: is it possible to have Mandrake 8.0 install Xfree 3.3.6
instead of 4? I'm reinstalling mandrake 8 from scratch, because I
uninstalled Xfree 4, and I have spent 3 days so far, and I'm unable to get
Xfree 3.3.6 to work. Always something conflicting, and I still dont have
it working. Anyway, back to the partitioning, as they say.

I have a fond memory, that while I had Mandrake 8 running, and I asked for
a resolution change, it said "You can have hardware acceleration with
Xfree 3.3.6", and I had said YES to that prompt. It then went on to
install some additional RPMs. At a later reboot, nothing had changed; I
was still at Xfree 4!

-turgut

-----
Turgut Kalfaoglu:  http://www.kalfaoglu.com