I am using the Logitech cordless Mouseman+.  I had
weird issues too, but now it works flawlessly.  When
installing, I had to select the Logitech mouse.  Then
all buttons would work but the mouse wheel would not
work.  I then cancelled out of the Logitech selection
and selected the Generic PS/2 with wheel driver.  At
this point everything would work perfectly.

If I chose the generic driver from the very start, all
hell would break loose with the mouse.  This is
peculiar and certainly not a very scientific study,
but it worked for me!  :P