"A. Rick Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is becoming a FAQ :-)  Mandrake broke the PS/2 code because their
> developers had weird keyboards with empty PS/2 ports that were causing
> everything to lock up during boot time since they weren't using those
> ports.  So they disabled it.

Ok.  I hereby propose that at least one developer at Mandrake be given
a functional keyboard and a PS/2 mouse that works so that we have at
least one person there who realizes that disabling something because
YOUR hardware is broken is not a solution....

No real flame intended, but it does sound pretty lame.  (The least they could
have done is to re-enable it before shipping, you'd think)

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W