I have been trying different gnutella clients.  Many simply do not work on
Mandrake 8.0.  A particularly nice client is LimeWire.  I successfully
installed it on my laptop running Mandrake 7.2 but trying to do the same
thing with the same binary in Mandrake 8.0 proves impossible.

It comes in a self-decompressing installation package.  Trying to run in in
Mandrake 8.0 produces an error message that it could not be uncompressed.
There are no problems at all on 7.2.

Anyone using LimeWire?  You can get it at:

http://www.gnutelliums.com/download/limewire_for_linux.shtml

--
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.