The HOW-TO you're looking for is something like CD Writing, or such. I don't
believe that there is on that addresses ISO images by them selves. It's just too
short a subject. ":)
I think you're missing the point of the ISO image. You don't need to "open" it
to write it to a CD, that's handled by your CD writing software (you "do" have a
CD burner don't you? You'll need one to use the iso images).

Check and make sure that:

1) You "have" a CD burner to create CDs.
2) That "cdrecord" is installed, and configured.

After that, it can be as simple as   "cdrecord <image_name.iso>", once you have
cdrecord set up.
Look for documentation (HOW-TOs) on burning CDs. Also, try "man cdrecord". The
man page for cdrecord is very helpful.

You cannot install a system directly from that ISO image. It needs to be burned
onto a CD first.

        Ric

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> thanks to all that replied, BTW I had already done a search on the archieves and got
>no result and did'nt find a readme either.
> best regards
>
>  richard

Ric Tibbetts
Boeing Shared Services Group