Brandon,

Sorry...  I was hoping you didn't have the *internal* card...  If so, you won't
see a physical ethernet appearance; it's builtin...  Like this:

DSL---[uplink]router[PNA]---phone-wiring---[PNA]card[PCIbus]:CPU
                                               ^^^^^^ (virtual ethernet)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  (ethernet wannabe)

If the card uses the Tulip or other supported chip, then it *might* look like a
regular ethernet adapter...  However, it is also possible that the card is a
"WinEther", in which case you are out of luck.

My golden rule:  NEVER buy a *communications* product which a) plugs into a CPU
bus AND b) does not support well established and fully published standards.

Some examples...
  WinModem:  resource wasting junk
  WinSCSI:   crappy scanner interfaces which rarely work
  WinEther:  what you may have purchased (sorry).

BTW, thanks for the question...  I didn't realize there was a market in products
solely targeted at squeezing bits through crappy phone wire in lieu of
installing a short** run of CAT-5 (even a long jumper)...    Hmmmm....  I wonder
how long before LinkSys tries to do this over the AC wiring like my crappy
intercom...?  :^P

** For $99 (1000' of CAT-5 wire), I've fully re-wired 2 homes and eliminated all
the crappy phone wires, virtually eliminated noise and crosstalk on the lines,
and increased my connectivity options.  I'd guess you spent the same amount
trying to bypass less than 25' of JKT (RGYB colors) cable.

Suggestion:  if you can, swap the LinkSys for a regular router and real ethernet
card and replace (at least the related part of) your wiring...  you'll be much
happier in the long run.

Does my initial comment ('expensive "no effort" alternative to running CAT-5
wire') make more sense now...?   :>

HTH,
Pierre