Dear friends:

WARNING: TRY ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The subject of using raw disks, that is, real disks, in VMware has been
raised on our list a number of times, including by myself. The detailed
information is readily available in detail from VMware's Help menu.

I clicked on Help in VMware. This brought me to VMware's instructions, which
include FULL AND DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS on how to configure a virtual machine
for a raw disk. Here are the two sites. I already mentioned the second site
last time, but the first site is the crucial one. I just discovered it. I am
sure that you'll have no problem figuring everything out from the information
provided. Even I understood most of it quite well. It's the technical
implementation that I am afraid of. I don't want to make a stupid mistkae
that will trash my newly installed Win98.

1) Using Raw Disks With VMware Workstation for Linux:

http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/linux/rawdisk_linux.html

2) Configuring Dual/Multiboot Systems to Run with VMware Workstation for
Linux:

http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/linux/rawdevices_linux.html

Benjamin
--