Hi,

> To make it happen you install a / only system with lotsa unused space.  The
> / can be reiser--that's automatically a notail mount.

 Oh dear. My system only has / and /home partitions, both are reiser. If the
/ is being automatically mounted notail anyway, it seems odd that it's the
one which has *more* problems - presumably /home is being hit quite hard with
email/web cache use etc so usage shouldn't be too wildly different.

 I guess I'll have to wait for a new release of reiserfsprogs and have
another go with --rebuild-db on root.

thanks,

tom

--
... "Things past redress and now with me past care" - William Shakespeare,
"Richard II"