Hi

I have installed LM 8.0 and configured my printer Epson Stylus Photo 870
(USB). It worked
fine and I could print the test page.
I then decided to update all the packages to get the latest security
fixes and so on. I did
that through the Software Manager using ftp and again it worked fine.
CUPS was updated.
When I ran KUPS it gave me the following msg:
   "Can't connect to CUPS server. Check your options!"

Also trying to change the printer from MDK Control Center results in
very odd behavior,
like either I cannot do anything or it allows me to configure a printer
(although it does
not ask me where the printer is plugged in, seems to autodetect that)
and then when it
starts printing the test page, it locks up my machine real hard!!!

Trying from the web interface does not yield anymore success...

Quite ennoying as it worked initially.

Any idea on that much appreciated. I need to get this printer going on
my server to setup
printing through Samba for other clients, both Windows and Linux.

Thanks for any help. Can provide any config files or output files if
needed.

note: I am a registered LM 8.0 Power pack user but although I asked this
question using
MandrakeExpert it did not register it...

Cheers,
Fred