On Tuesday 29 May 2001 07:15 pm, Bobby Welch wrote:

Bobby,

It sounds like your problem is how you're calling the comands.  The install
command works different from the uninstall command.

To install:

rpm -Uvh  filename.rpm

To *un*install:

rpm -e filename

The best way to see what you have to type to uninstall an rpm is to watch
what it says when it's installing.  For example, if you install
kdelibs-22.0alpha.i386.rpm (not a real filename, but an example), you'll see
something like this:

To uninstall, you would type "rpm -e kdelibs" rather than the whole filename.

Hope that helps explain things.