Hi list,

I've got a strange thing happening that I don't seem to have a clue about.
I've compiled kernel 2.4.4 for my mandrake 7.2 machine. Everything about
the compile went off without a hitch. When I boot the kernel, (and I'm
booting from a floppy cause I won't commit the image until I'm satisfied
it not buggy) it goes through the usual stuff at boot time, recognizes
reiserFS, finds the root device and everything, but then something strange
happens. shortly after it finds the dependencies another line comes up
that says "setting profile: _" and then just sits there and does nothing
at all.

I've never had a kernel do that before and I don't have a clue as to what
"profile" it would even think about setting. could someone advise me on
this?

thanks,

--

Mark
*****

"what knowledge I have managed to accumlate over the years
at times becomes obscured and even hidden amidst the vast
emotional onslaught of my children. You never finish being a parent.  :)"