Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> Thank you!

        Always here!
        =o)

> And correct. If the memory is there, and not properly configured, things
> can get "goofy". I had a machine do this to me. Spent most of a week
> trying to figure out what was wrong.

        It's a UGLY situation...

> I had another box just hang KDE after adding memory to it. I never
> understood why, but the only thing that fixed it was blowing away the
> .kde directory, and .kderc.  Then it would come up.
>
> Also, the original poster mentioned that Windows had booted. If so, then
> check the memory in Windows to see if:
>
> 1) It's recognizing ALL of it (or only some of it).
> 2) If it's flaging some of it as bad.
>
> if it's not recognizing it all, then there is another problem. I was
> looking for information, not giving a solution until we know the extent
> of the problem, and do a little diagnosing.

        Sometimes I diagnose bad memory setting the BIOS to don't
" Quick Boot" , and the BEEPS show me some errors.
        But a long time ago I read about a software to testing memo
ry, don't remember the name...
        On winblows, test this opening all the helps you find, at SAME
time!
        ;-)

Good luck

--
Leonardo T. de Carvalho
        Ibiz Tecnologia
Frase aleatória:
"Life does not begin at the moment of conception or the moment of birth.
It begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies.
"