Brian Hartman wrote:

> Hi, all.  I'm having a problem configuring my Linksys router for Linux.  The
> manual says you're supposed to be able to access the router at 192.168.1.1,
> but I can't get at it from there.  Whenever I route my computer through the
> router, it just kills my internet connection (Comcast cable).  Anyone have
> any suggestions?  TIA

If your local subnet isn't 192.168.1, you need to temporarily set a windows
computer to operate on the 192.168.1 subnet, access the router html interface,
change the router subnet to your current subnet, logout, reset the machine you
used to access the router to the proper subnet and everything should work fine.
I have the Linksys BEFRS41 serving our office. Router dhcp is disabled, My Linux
box does dhcp, caching only DNS and serves as the gateway for the office lan to
the router. Cable access is provided to all office computer and it works
flawlessly.

--
David Rankin
Nacogdoches, Texas