Dear folks, I would like to have information about probable problems of
macro-virus due to the Bonobo architecture.

For some authors Bonobo is based in the comunication models of Windows, but
with the basic structure of CORBA. Nowadays, Bonobo allows any aplication
look into the data of anyother aplication and use it as a tool.

Technologically it seems it is posible create gnome-virus and the sandbox
model is relatively easy to be jumped (this is an affirmation put on in a
Spanish magazine -Solo Linux, number 12-).

I use mainly KDE, but I am also interested in know others windows manager,
gnome is the other main candidate, but now, with the 1.4 version in MDK 8,
that uses Bonobo, I am wondering if it could be a good idea use it.

What do you think?, if the philosophy is based in Visual Basic, the
possibility of macro-virus is true, isn't it?

I hope we can have a good discussion about this subject.

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)