I reinstalled LM8.0 this weekend using expert mode and selected
XFree-3.3.6. That
cured the problem I was having with X hanging and restarting. All appears
normal.

There is another problem I am still experiencing however. When I log out of
KDE,
and go back to a terminal screen it is now out of sync.  I have multiple
diagonal
penguins and cannot read anything.  All I can do is a CTRL-ALT-DEL to shutdown.

Any comments  on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Cates