Hi all
Ok, after getting beatup over the week-end by ssh on a newly installed
server, I'm left with some questions about Mandrake 8.0 security levels.

What happened was that when I installed the box, I set the security
level to "high". And despite my best efforts, I couldn't get ssh to
accept anything. I finally degraded the security level, and ssh kicked
in, and started working.

Ok, so that leaves me with the question:

Just what is the little GUI pick between security levels actually doing?
What is it setting, and what are the overall effects of each of the
settings?

More directly, I guess I need to know just where this is documented.
I'll gladly do the reading, but I need to know where the different
security levels are documented, so I can deal with them.

Thank you!

        Ric