I've looked but it doesn't appear anyone's ever really gotten a solid
answer for this problem, but whenever I try to print something out via
lpr (eg 'lpr /etc/hosts') I get the following error:

lpr: error - no default destination available.

Here's my /etc/printcap:

---
# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE POSTSCRIPT 1200x1200 letter {} PostScript Default {}
lp|lj2100:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=192.168.0.5:\
        :rp=:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:
---

And both the 'lp' and 'lj2100' hostnames resolve in internal DNS.

BTW, I'm running 8.0 with all updates applied, cups and lpd are both
running, and I'm going crazy with this.  I'd really appreciate any info
with this.

Thanks in advance,

-Charlie
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hear me, my chiefs, I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.  From where the