Hello,

I like to keep several different kernel trees around to test out various
patches, etc.

I have generally done this by downloading tars from kernel.org and keeping
several trees under /usr/src.  However, it would be nice to play with some
of the pre-patched Mandrake kernel trees too.   What I can't figure out is
how this should be done using the kernel-source-xxx rpms.

While the kernel-source rpms nicely extract to their own directories under
/usr/src, the kernel-header rpms want to clobber the existing header files
in /usr/include.  This can't be good, especially if you are trying to
juggle several trees.  Forcing the rpms to relocate (--badreloc) doesn't
feel kosher either.

I get the feeling I am missing something here... how are people managing
multiple mdk kernel trees?

Thanks for your time!
-d