Hi All,

        I have a standard dual-boot Mandrake 8.0 install supermount used to
work but alas no
longer. I have searched a years archives and RTFM but cannot solve the
problem. Here is the
situation.

When it didn't work I did lsmod and found supermount wasn't loaded. I
checked /etc/modules, no sign of supermount. I added it with no options
(I don't know whether there are any).

I enabled supermount with supermount -i enable and rebooted.

On reboot supermount still did not work.
I did an lsmod and found that the supermount module was loaded.
I checked /etc/fstab the supermount
entries were still there so the script
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mandrake_everytime
must have found supermount or so I thought.
As a check I removed supermount from /etc/modules (I left supermount
enabled. i.e. the entries for supermount were still in /etc/fstab) and
rebooted. After the reboot I checked /etc/fstab the supermount entries
were still there!! The script in mandrake_everytime is supposed to
remove them.

This would indicate that either mandrake_everytime is not being run or
is failing in some way. Since it is called from init.d this seems
unlikely as the machine boots fine.

Just as a check I ran supermount -i disable and the supermount entries
were removed from /etc/fstab.
I am able to mount a cdrom with the normal mount /dev/cdrom command and
read directories etc,etc so there does not seem to be a hardware
problem.

Can anyone give me a pointer of what to look for next