On Saturday 09 June 2001 07:45 am, Ken Corey wrote:

> However, once in a while, I'll get one of two problems:
>
> 1) a web page or an email where the fonts are set to something that's
> unreadable.  Not just non-pretty, but downright unreadable.  It's as
> if a 5 point times font were scaled up to whatever is needed.  In
> KMail, turning off the 'prefer html' for the folder has no effect.
> In Konqueror, if I click the enlarge button 10 times or so, The font
> turns into a clunky Times knock off (and the page is *very* large
> overall, of course).

    In Kmail on the tool bar, 'Message' - 'Set Encoding', try setting
it to 'Western European iso8859-1'.  Similar in Konqueror.  I had the
symptoms you describe sometime ago, and IIRC, setting encoding to
8859-1 everyplace it appears in configuration (eg, Control Center,
Kmail, Konqueror, various other apps) solved the problem.
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay