On Sunday 10 June 2001 15:09, Florian wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2001 14:32, Florian wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 June 2001 13:59, Florian wrote:
> > > I cant update for some reason with mandrake update.
> > > I added a new source i took the one closest to me in finland out of the
> > > list of updated sources and choose drakfont start the update and get an
> > > error
> > >
> > > "some errors where encountered while checking your wishes
> > > bad , unreadable or not found packages
> > > ,drakfont.
> > > sorry but all packages raised an error i cant proceed with the update"
> > >
> > > Now could someone tell me what tha hell that means i mean this is worse
> > > than with windows (sic) mandrake keeps telling less and less details
> > > what is this error? It gives me no hint at all !
> > > the source is ok i know that for sure and i updated before from the
> > > same server and i can manually download and istall the packets with
> > > kpackage or from a terminal .
> > > Does someone have same kind of probs?
> >
> > Actually i found a hint =)
> > sorry for being upset grrrrr =)
> > When i start MandrakeUpdate from comandline i get a error like this :
> >
> > # MandrakeUpdate
> > unable to parse correctly /var/lib/urpmi/list.files
> > unable to get source packages, aborting at /usr/bin/urpmq line 153.
> >
> > what can i do to fix this?
>
> Ok i found it nevermind .
> It was a secondary source witch i had mandrakeupdate to scan wich was
> expired pheew!! already thought rpmdatabase is damaged .

Ok some details about what happend
If you got the same kind of problem make sure you take out all
sources that might be expired and take only one sure one it should work
especially when you have one source which links to some dir on your harddrive
delete it from your sources list . Seems like MandrakeUpdate cant coop with
expired sources. With me it was so that i created a dir where i had saved
packets then i added that source to MandrakeUpdate and tryed to install them
but it didnt work so i deleted them again and after that MandrakeUpdate didnt
work anymore and i checked the file which gave the error and saw that there
was a list of those packets which i had allready deleted just at the place
where it hang.
Looks like a bug to me.
Cheers
Florian