Hi all.

I have to use Linux in text mode and actually, I like
all Unix variants in text mode.

But with Linux-Mandrake 8.0, I have a small but
important problem in text mode. My screen is
flickering very bad and after some hours my eyes are
always tired.

There are two possible solutions, but I couldn't do
one of them:

1) Changing refresh rate of VESA text mode, it runs in
60Hz now.

2) Disabling VESA and using normal 80x25 text mode.

First option will be better, since using VESA is
easier if you are a developer :)

In normal text mode (for example in DOS) my monitor is
running in 60Hz too, but it's not flickering...

Any idea?

Thanks.

=====
Serdar Ozler