In a question about something else, which has since been answered, I
had written:

    Laura> What is the Version of a boot sector?  How would I change
    Laura> it if I wanted to?  What is causing it to expect version
    Laura> 21.7?

I just ran into the error message that prompted that again, while
running mkbootdisk.  I reran the mkbootdisk script with -x, and found
that it's a LILO message:

+ /sbin/lilo -r /tmp/mkbootdisk
Fatal: First boot sector is version 20.0. Expecting version 21.7.

mkbootdisk does in fact chug along writing to the floppy for a while
after giving me that message, but the designation Fatal doesn't lead
me to want to trust the disk.

So what should I do to make LILO happier?  And meanwhile, do I have a
boot disk?  And if not, how do I get one?

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574