Hi folks,

I have just installed LM8.0 on my PC. It can be really slow (P 200  48mb
ram) compared to newer PCs but I was really expecting better performance
from LM8.0.

I am using KDE as a desktop manager. when i use top i see that nearly all of
the ram is used. At first I thought it is in fact sharing the memory but
using top also says 0Kb for shared memory usage. I think it is quite
strange.

related with this when i open a application lets say konsole and close it,
the next time i open it i expect it loads faster but in fact it is not. It
waits just as the first opening maybe more. This is quite related with
shared memory usage i think. What are ur comments, I know KDE things are
resource eaters but as i said i amexpecting more from it in terms of
performance.

This is the first problem, the second one happened after i changed font
settings in KDE control  application. I installed tahoma windows font and
set it to all font places where i see helvetica in Kcontrol. It worked. But
maybe related maybe not after that i cannot run KDE control application from
panel. It gives SIGSEGV signal , but from terminal it works ok.. strange.. I
searched some logs (i think it was .xsessionerrors log); there were lines
related with kcontrol saying DCOP communication error.

I need help with these problems, thanks in advance...

Orkunt Sabuncu