Hello.  I was happily running MDK 7.1 using ipchains for firewalling on a
small box that served both as a web server and that did NAT for a few other
PCs on my network.  After an unfortunate series of natural disasters I
decided to rebuild the box, this time using MDK 8.

The installation went well, and I am running the web server with no
problem.  NAT is working as well.  The main problem is that when I try to
pull up web pages from the outside world the server is very slow in serving
out the pages.  PHP and normal HTML pages that used to come up fast now
come up slowly if at all.  From one of the natted hosts, though, things are
still quite fast.

I was wondering there is something about how tinyfirewall setups up
iptables that might be causing this slowness?  I saw somewhere that it
blocks icmp traffic, but I don't know if that would necessarily slow
delivery to outside clients.  Is there something that I should look into in
the firewalling as a solution?  I feel really bad because ipchains did a
great job for me, but I know nothing about how iptables works and am under
the gun.

Thanks in advance.

-=-chris