I was a star office user for about 2 years and it never did me wrong (albeit
slowly). I started using koffice around the same time kde2 betas were out
(october of last year ish) and the whole suite has proved very reliable. I
did have issuse when embedding from one app to another, but that was with a
much older version. Personally, i would highly reccomend using it, although i
couldnt seem to find a word count in kword, everything else is top notch.

Tom

--
Imperial College, Department Of Computing
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] tel: 020 785 22277