Hello all,

I have a bit of a problem.

My company has several high-volume servers running Mandrake Linux, and all
have been recently upgraded to 8.0 with no problems.  However, on the two
Compaq 1850r (Pentium III 550, Intel chipset) I was just sent, 8.0 will not
install.  7.2 installs without a hitch, but 8.0 hardlocks on "Probing serial
ports".  Nothing is connected to the external ports, however both machines
to have built-in remote consoles.  I have done my best to make sure they are
disabled.

They are up and running fine, so this isn't a big issue, but I would like to
be able to upgrade them at some point.  Compaq is clueless, and
frankly so am I at this point.  So any insights would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl Davenport