On Thursday 28 June 2001 12:21 pm, civileme may or may not have written:
> On Thursday 28 June 2001 13:29, Hoyt wrote:

> It also helps if you _first_ run
>
> supermount -i disable

I use supermount and it's not necessary on my machine to explicitly mount an
ext2 floppy on a supermounted /mnt/floppy. Of course, if I try an ls
/mnt/floppy on an ext2 floppy, I get "ls: /mnt/floppy: Input/output error".
Since I use ext2 floppies frequently in my work, I have a second floppy drive
just for supermounting them.

It's a shame supermount won't work with type=auto.

BTW, Mandrake 8.0 set up my cd writer (hdd) correctly as /dev/scd0 and
mounted it to /mnt/cdrom2. According to devices.txt, shouldn't it be mounted
to /mnt/cdwriter (i.e., there's already a perfectly good, standard, canonical
mountpoint for cd writers).

Hoyt