On Friday 29 June 2001 20:45, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a linux box (setup by someone else) which has only 1 swap
> partition and 1 / partition.
> This machine also has a windows partition.
> I appears I can delete the windows partition (not needed
> anymore) and resize the / partition to get more space for tux.
>
> What would be the best way to achieve that? I have tried this
> once and after resizing lilo could not boot the system.
> note: I have no pbm with the resizing part, only with the lilo
> part
>
> Any help much appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Frederic

The safest way is not resizing / and just adding the newly made
(former windows partition) and using it as /home or whatever. I've
got a few former windoze and Suse partions dangling about as
/extra :o)
--
Semper avanti,                            sailing on Linux,
Harm Bathoorn                             Free evermore.