Thank you, I forget I have that app.  I will try it next time.

I suppose that since no one has offered a suggestion, that I really am left
with having to reboot the system rather than restarting X?  Having to reboot
the system leaves a bad taste in my mouth - that is one of the reasons I left
(and enjoy not using) windoze anymore.