I realise that Cooker is bleeding edge, but I must say that glibc-2.2.3 has
done me no wrong (as far as I can tell).  There were no complaints when I
switched over.  The kde stuff was problematic since it hasn't been updated
since Cooker upgraded glib.  The whole mess needs to be rebuilt with the new
glib.

This whole thing started because I was after a reasonably USEFUL koffice.  It
hasn't been useful to me except for non-important writing and quick graphics
- nothing I would really need or of any importance.  My hope is that this
latest version is actually useful.  I'll know soon enough.

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 08:04 pm, you wrote:
> I had forgotten about that 'trap'. Rather than play the symlink game, I
> opted
[...]