One of our Mandrake 7.2 servers has a very bewildering habit.
A particular application, an Ultima Online game actually,
if it's crashed or killed, the sockets that it had connected stay open,
sometimes for 20 minutes or more.  Doing a "socklist | grep 2593"
shows it like:
tcp   2593          0       0      0    0
tcp   2593          0       0      0    0
meaning, no application name next to them, but they linger for forever.

Naturally, ps aux | grep wolfpack
(wolfpack is the name of the Ultima Online game) shows nothing.

How can I close these sockets, so I can restart the game?
(if I restart the game before the sockets close, I get a 'cannot bind'
error).

Many thanks,
 -turgut

-----