From: Digital Wokan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 10:14 PM
To: David Joham
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Installing Mandrake 8 on low memory machine

Interesting.  I ran into the RAM problem only attempting to do an FTP
install.  At work, I've set up a 32MB box to act as a newsletter
server.  While it's running 7.2 now due to 8.0's lack of the Sympa
package (nobody say anything about the Contribs package, I already tried
that), I did install 8.0 on it originally from a CD-ROM without any
problems.  The only thing it asked was that I let it format and begin
using the swap partition immediately instead of after the install was
done.

David Joham wrote:

> No, the FTP install didn't want to work either. I'm trying a standard
CDROM