On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

:)Hi,
:)
:)I know, in times of kmail et al it is hard to find any old fashioned
:)geeks with text based MUAs ;-) (Met some at LinuxTag in Stuttgart/Germany
:)though).
:)
:)My Q: I set up mutt on a standalone box. So I just compiled it with pop
:)option to gather my mail from my pop account by pressing 'G'.
:)Now that my box is running permanently with ADSL I wanted to change
:)Muttrc so that mutt gathers mail every 13 minutes.
:)Option in Muttrc should be 'set mail_check=15' but it doesn't work.
:)Can anyone point me into the right direction and push?
:)
:)wobo
:)(This mail option is another means to keep up the connection, better than
:)an unproductive ping.)
:)

I use pine.  Very versatile.  Why not use "fetchmail" to get your mail?
"fetchmail --daemon <seconds>"  or  "fetchmail -s <seconds>" will start
up the process as a background daemon and check for your mail every
time period that you specify".  You can also run as "nohup fetchmail -d <secs>"

--
-=[cwa]=-
Linux-Mandrake 8.0