Hi

Has anyone succeedeed to have ppp on demand on a dial up connection with Mdk 8 ?
ppp-watch hangs as soon as i set demand="yes" so that ifup ppp0 never exits...
It worked perfectly in 7.2.
Any one knowing what happened ?

This is EXTREMELY annoying for me because it keeps me from connecting to my
computer over tcp-ip when i'm out... which i had get used to.

Is that a bug in the scripts (ifup-ppp), or in ppp-watch or a problem with
conflicting options ?

What use is ppp-watch anyway (kppp doesnt use it and it works just fine) ?

BTW The network configuration seems very buggy. I couldn't have eth0 up at boot
time until i sort of used linuxconf, the control center just did nothing
whatever i tried.

TIA.