Hey all,

in addition to the video card wuestion I fired off, after browsing through
the parts at my disposal I noticed I have an Aureal Vrotex 2 superquad
card (au8830) that isn't doing anything...

Now I know that Aureal originally only released a set of beta drivers, but
I was wondering if anyone has picked up what they left off...

This was a great soundcard, and I wouldn't mind being able to use it
again if it'll work under Linux.

I'll only be using it for the occasional session of mpg123 :)

The alternative is a tried and proven ES1371 based videocard that I've
currently got running in this machine.

Anyways, if someone could get back to me on that one I'd appreciate it as
well.

I think that's about it for now, so far the system is going to appear
somewhat like this;

AMD Duron 600
Gigabyte GA-7ZX-1 motherboard
512 MB SDRAM
Adaptec 2940UW SCSI adapter
3 x 4.3GB UW SCSI hard drives
1 x Narrow SCSI CD-ROM drive
1 x 20GB IDE drive (purely for raw storage)
Intel Pro 10/100 NIC
Sound and video to be determined by the responses I get from your emails

If you have any thoughts or suggestions please let me know...

Cheers

Current Linux kernel 2.4.3-20mdk uptime: 10 days 6 hours 23 minutes.