I have a freshly installed Mandrake 8.0 system. My hardware is dual
Celeron processors with a BP6 motherboard and 128MB memory.

I have not touched the apache configuration files since the install.

When I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start I get a "FAILED" message. (3 times
because of the loop in the httpd script.)

Things I have tried:

- Un-install and re-install all Apache related RPMs
- Try starting Apache without the mod_perl RPMs installed.
- Try starting Apache without the mod_ssl RPMs installed.
- Banging on my desk.

When I try starting Apache by hand I get a seg fault and a core dump.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? I am getting desparate.

Thanks!

-Todd