Hallo all,

I've updated my kernel from 2.2.17 > 2.2.19 with Mandrake's update software.
Unfortunatly this did not work the way it should. After rebooting in my logs
I've found an entry saying kernel 2.2.17, even with the newer kernel being
installed. Then lots of modprobe errors, the modules from 2.2.17 don't exist
anymore, but modprobe does not know anything about the new modules from
2.2.19. I tried to do a depmod -a ( as much as I remember) with the
directory 2.2.19... but depmod complained about some unresolved links or
symlinks or something. Currently I cannot boot the system anymore. Can
someone help me PLZ, how to fix the kernel installation? It's somehow
annoying that it did not work.

Thanx in advance

Andreas