When I attempt to install LM 8.0 on my computer it hangs during
the initial load of the kernel with an error message like this:

VFS error: Unable to mount root device "" or 08:05
Please set a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic: Unable to mount root filesystem on 08:05

I have tried setting root= to /dev/ram /dev/ram1 and such, but
I have been unable to get the installation working. This computer
has no problems with the 7.0 and 7.1 installation routines, so I was
wondering if you had any sudgestions.

Thanks in advance.

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm