On Wednesday 18 July 2001 23:43, Expert wrote:
> One must remember, age is irrelevant, one's own skill level and
> handicap (if applicable) is what is to be considered.

Besides, why use a tarball, if you can get an RPM?  If you
don't want to use the package manager *when possible*, use
Rock Linux.  It *only* uses tarballs.

> On Wednesday 18 July 2001 11:11 pm, so spoke Brandon Caudle:
> > Come on, I'm a 15 year old kid here who just installed 2.2.1 from
> > the gz file, your on the expert list why need rpm? you can
> > customize the package.
> >
> > ~Brandon

- --
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org       |
| "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of |
|  government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and |
|  by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."           |
|    Thomas Jefferson                                        |