On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:01:41 -0300
Adrian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have installed LM8 at a couple of days and it's ok,
> except that it doesn't "speaks".
> I've checked isapnp.conf and it's ok (I saw their configuration
> in windows -> Address, IRQ, DMA... everything is equal...), but
> modprobe -l says that cmpci kernel module was loaded (C-Media
> pci sound card). How to setup an ISA card (on-board)?
>
> My sound card: CMI8330

I have the same "card" (actually a chip on the motherboard).
I had a hard time getting it to work, but I finally did, although only in
half-duplex mode, using the Redhat 'sndconfig' utility.
It will error out on the auto-selection, but then you can manually specify
the card as a sb16, and select the correct IO, IRQ and DMA for the sb16
device (mine are io 0x220, irq 5, dma 1,5).  It then plays an audio test
file, and I heard it.  The sound may be very weak (mine was).  You will
need to use a mixer to raise the level.

Bob