Hi,

I'm using LM8.0 with X4.0.3. I'm having problems with my Ctrl key on my
keyboard. There are an number or apps (mainly Java and Tk apps) which don't
work correctly because my keyboard mappings seem to be messed up. For
example:

- With Tk apps, I can't do a Ctrl-Click on a scrollbar's arrow to go to the
  beginning or the end of the scrolled area.

- With java apps, NetBeans in particular, certain Ctrl-<Key> shortcuts don't
  work. For example Ctrl-S to save doesn't work but a few others work
  correctly. The Ctrl-Click like the above doesn't work. Also, in other apps
  where Ctrl-clicking in a listbox-type widget should allow multiple
  selections, it doesn't work.

I'm not sure how to figure out why this doesn't work. I've got the output of
my xmodmap here:

xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x71)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4        Meta_L (0x73),  Meta_R (0x74)
mod5        Scroll_Lock (0x4e)

I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

Laurent Duperval <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a
height, what would happen?