Hi everyone,

I have just taken the plunge and upgraded my 7.2 system to Mandrake Freq
20010619.  This has broken a few things, however.

1. Mozilla copied my Netscape config quite accurately.  It will find
anything on the local intranet.
However, it fails to find anything on the internet.  Konqeror is the same.
Mozilla sits there "Resolving host www....", and eventually a pop-up
appears: "The operation timed out when attempting to contact www...".

I have installed Netscape 4.78 from cooker, and that still works fine.
I have triple checked the proxy, and other, settings in Mozilla.
Is there anything else I should be chasing up?

2. I can't get VMware to work.  It was very happy in 7.2.
I have removed and re-installed the VMware installation:
VMware-2.0.4-1142.i386.rpm

The install gives me, at the end:

Starting VMware services:
   Virtual machine monitor                                 [  OK  ]
   Virtual ethernet                                        [  OK  ]
   Bridged networking on /dev/vmnet0                       [FAILED]
   Host-only networking on /dev/vmnet1 (background)        [  OK  ]

The configuration of VMware 2.0.4 build-1142 for Linux for this running
kernel
completed successfully.

When I then try to run vmware, i get Segmentation fault  and that's it.

What can I do here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian Schroeder