The problem with telling the users to use the ctrl-alt-del method is that these
same non-computer-technical users also use some windows and DOS machines at this
time.  If I start telling them to use the ctrl-alt-del to shut down the computer,
that would start a MAJOR problem, as they would start to use it on the other
computers also.  As far as the possible problems with the switches, they arn't
smart enough to figure it out.  It will be local users only that will have the
shutdown ability.  At this time, I am the only one with any remote access to any
of the linux machines (and that was done intentionally!)

Darcy