hi  drjung

clarification might be beneficial to all those reading
the lists so i addressed it to the list =)

--- "J. C. Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> DM wrote:
> >
> > if you download/installed the Mandrake kernel
> source
> > rpm, the .config file used to build that kernel is
> > there. its quite interesting to know what is
> > enabled/disabled by default by MDK.

=====> if you are referring to the Mandrake kernel
.config file, its on /usr/src/linux our the
kernel-sources rpm:

# rpm -ql kernel-source-2.4.3-20mdk|more
/usr/src/linux-2.4.3
/usr/src/linux-2.4.3/.config  <------- that file
/usr/src/linux-2.4.3/COPYING
/usr/src/linux-2.4.3/CREDITS
/usr/src/linux-2.4.3/Documentation
<snipped>

> > but if you download the kernel source from
> kernel.org,
> > you will have to build .config yourself...

if you are referring to the kernel source above
(kernel.org), there is no default .config file.

> Dianne,
>
> Just a fast question for your perusal. Is this
> ".config" file, that you
> referenced above, the same file as

"/usr/share/doc/kernel-version_number/kernel-version_number-iXXX.config"?