From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Glenn
Johnson
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2001 5:25 PM
To: Mandrake Expert
Subject: [expert] mysterious incoming packets

I have Mandrake 8.0 with the bastille firewall set up.  Today, I noticed
that I have a pretty steady stream of incoming packets coming across the
interface that is plugged into the cable modem, although I am not doing
anything on the Internet.  According to gkrellm, it is about
1.0-1.2KBps.  The activity light on my cable modem is blinking pretty
steadily although there is no traffic initiated by me.  Could someone
help me diagnose where this traffic is coming from?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]