Praedor Tempus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I do not believe it is possible to non-destructively resize an ext2
> partition.  For this I generally tar and bzip2 the partition that I will be
> resizing and save the tar.bz2 file to another partition that has the
> temporary space to allow this - or I copy it to a zip drive or burn it into a
> cd.  Resize and then untar the archive.
>
> On Monday 13 August 2001 08:08 am, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > does anyone know if there is something like FIPS for Linux?

I think that the version of Partition Magic that i've seen can
resize ext2 partitions...  But then, I coulda been sleeping ;-)

rc

Rusty E. Carruth       Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE                   ___
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116   \e/
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825                V
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W  http://tuxedo.org/~esr/ecsl/index.html

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com