Sevatio wrote:

> LM8.0 & Cups 1.1.7-1.1
>
> Hello, I'm trying desperately to print onto a remote cups server but I'm
> having no luck.  Using Kups and Kupsdconf, I can get the cups servers to
> see each other.  I can even setup the remote printer using Kups.  But
> when I print, it does not show up on the queue of the remote machine.  It
> does however show up on the local queue; which is useless since the
> printer is located remotely.  How the h3ll do I print onto a remote cups
> server?
>
> Sevatio

> Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com

Okay, there are some things to check out. Did you edit your
/etc/cups/client.conf, /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, and your
/etc/cups/printers.conf files. Put a vi on those files, or any editor
app you like, and you will see they need some setup, mostly the name of
the server running the cups service. If you need to see what the
printers.conf should look like, just let me know.

This is usually the best place to start the troubleshooting....

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX SA